COUNTY COUNCIL OF MAKUENI
SERVICE DELIVERY CHARTER
“A Balanced Service Access”
A .THE PURPOSE OF HE CHARTER
The purpose of this is to improve on the availability and quality of the services offered by us .This charter will help clients to understand what we commit ourselves to do, know how toconact us ,what to expect interims of service standards and how top lodge complains where services have not been to the expected standards. The charter will also help clients to claim their rights as defined here in.
B. OUR ROLES AND FUNCTIONS
Like in any Local Authority (LA) in Kenya the local Government ActCap.265 empowers CCM to undertake community development activities in the following areas provision of water and sanitation services, construction and maintenance, of rural access roads basic education services, basic health services, development of markets abattoirs, fire protection, provision of commentary services and local economic development.
C. OUR STRATEGIC PLAN (2006-2011)
We have developed a five year strategic plan which states our vision, mission and goals.
“We envision a community free from poverty”
“We exist to promote the sustainable socio-economic development through the provision of relevant, reliable cost effective and environmentally friendly services to the local people of COUNTY COUNCIL OF MAKUENI”.
F.CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
We shall commit ourselves to the following core values and principles:
· Innovation and Continuous Learning:
· Collaboration and team work:
· Transformation leadership:
We have a variety of clients both national and international categorized as follows:
· Business community
· Civil sector organizations
· Local community
· Employees of CCM
· Central Government
· Development Partners
H.OUR CLIENTS EXPECTATIONS
Our clients both expect following services:
· Involvement of stalk holders in fundamental decision making affecting the local communities
· Timely issuance of licenses and permits
· Provision of clear policies laws regulation and guidelines
· Easy access to correct information
· Development of relevance collaboration and networking with communities and external agencies
· Development and promotion of quality services and products and sustainable conservation of natural cultural recourses.
I.RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR CLIENTS
We will establish and maintain good partnership with our clients.
We shall always Endeavour to provide consistent, accurate and impartial advice.
Our staff shall be friendly, helpful, respectiful and sensitive to clients needs.
We shall ensure that all correspondences with clients are clear
We shall ensure that our services suit client’s needs and circumstances.
J. we aim to be a best practice organization. In meeting our client’s expectations we shall strive to continuously improve the standards of our services delivery. We will:
· Provide you with the most accurate, up to date information available to us.
· Answer you as fully and precisely as possible
· Be respectful and sensitive to your needs and respond in a culturally sensitive way.
· Respond to requests for publications references material fact sheets or other printed information
· Answer phone calls promptly during working hours and identify ourselves
When developing policies we will wherever possible:
· Consult widely to make sure that the views of stallholders are properly considered.
· Provide reasonable time for policy proposals
When we welcome comments and feedbacks on how successful we are in meeting our service standards as an ongoing part of this process.
We will publicly report on our client service performance in our annual report.
We will review this charter every one year.
You can help us to meet our standards by:
· Complying with Kenyan laws in the day to day conduct of your businesses.
· Responding in a timely manner to CCM’s request for information sought in support of various services delivered and various services delivered and reports produced.
· Promptly pay fees rents and other charge to CCM as they become due
· Promote harmony and adopt respectful relationship
· Provide sufficient and accurate information and authentic documents
· Exercising honestly and integrity in dealings with CCM
· Exerting courtesy when interacting with CCM staff
· Providing feedback and comments on the service we provide.
L.HANDLING OF COMPLAINS AND FEEDBACK
The council encourages clients to give feedback. Both complains and compliments are welcome
A complain ………..
“an expression of dissatisfaction about the councils action or lack of action about the standard of service whether the action taken was provided by the council itself or body acting on behalf of the council. “A complain is not an initial request for service
The council will periodically request clients to evaluate services provided by CCM through customer satisfaction survey and focus groups.
Clients are expected to submit their complains in writing through the CCM website via E-mail or by letter or fax to the Clerk at the address given below
Written comments can also be put in the council’s suggestion box at CCM offices.
CCM will deal with complains professionally and in confidence. Complains will be acknowledged and assigned to a specific person to investigate and resolve.
If you make a complain we will:
· Ensure the matter is dealt with by a senior officer who is independent of the matter being addressed
· Inform you of who is dealing with your concern
· Investigate the matter thoroughly and expediently
· Reply within 20 days or inform you of progress in resolving your complain.
If you remain dissatisfied with how we handle your complaint, please contact
The Clerk to Council
County council of Makueni
Hosting web :To be Launched soon and Communicated
M.MECHANISM FOR AMENDING CHARTER
The charter is subject to amendments in the light of changing socio-economic conditions or exigencies of the time. These amendments will be done with consultations with our clients and stakeholders.